Will my RA/Lump Sum be reported on a 1099R?

Funds sent directly to you will be reported on the same 1099R as your basic gross retirement benefits.

Funds rolled over will be reported on a separate 1099R that will indicate (in box 7 with the letter “G”) that the funds were rolled over.

Both scenario RA/Lump Sum payments (i.e. taxable and tax-deferred) are reported to the IRS.