Defined Contribution Plan
Empower Retirement Advisory Services Phone Calls Are Underway
To help participants who are enrolled in the Managed Account service take full advantage and understand the tools available, Adventist Retirement Plan has asked representatives from Empower Retirement Advisory Services, provided by Advised Assets Group, LLC (AAG), a federally registered investment adviser, to make phone calls to participants enrolled in the Managed Account service and who are over the age of 50. Anyone currently enrolled, or considering enrolling, in Advisory Services can speak with an AAG investment adviser representative regarding the services by calling 844-302-2448 Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain time, or by contacting Empower Participant Advisory Services at Advisedassetsgroup@retirementpartner.com.
The Defined Contribution (DC) Plan is the “new” retirement plan that became effective January 1, 2000 when the Defined Benefit (DB) plan was frozen. The primary purpose of the DC Plan is to provide retirement income for the employees of participating employers and their beneficiaries. The contributions that an employee and employer make to the Plan, and the earnings on those contributions, are designed to provide a significant portion of financial security in retirement.
An employee may make deferral contributions to this plan.
An eligible employee may also receive employer contributions to the Plan if they meet the following criteria:
- An employee of the U.S. Seventh-day Adventist Church entity as listed in the SDA Yearbook or an interdivision missionary from the United States sent by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
- 20 years of age or older.
- NOT a student employee working for an Adventist educational institution.
There are different eligibility requirements for employer contributions depending on which of the two retirement benefit options the employer has elected.
There may be employees who will be eligible for both DB and DC benefits. This will require that the employees meet the eligibility requirements for each.
YOU’DE BE SURPISED HOW HIGH YOU CAN CLIMB!
Need more information or assistance? These resources can help:
- Empower Retirement Website (account balance, projected retirement income, investment options) www.participant.empower-retirement.com
- Empower Retirement Website Registration Instructions download
- Empower Retirement Call Center (loans, hardships, withdrawals) 1-866-467-7756
- Empower Retirement Sample QDRO download